Vallbo Foundation · Academy of Veterinary Sciences of Catalonia
Research grant for the best paper on the effect of active molecules derived from botanical extracts on the intestinal physiology of dogs
The Academy of Veterinary Sciences of Catalonia (ACVC) and the Vallbo Foundation announce a research grant that will be awarded to the best research project on the use and effect of active molecules derived from botanical extracts on the intestinal physiology of dogs.
The work must present in detail the methodology that will be used to carry out a research on how the addition of active molecules from botanical extracts in diets improves the physiology of intestinal cells in animals.
Once the winning project will be selected, the extracts to be tested will be provided by the ACVC and will be based on a previously carried out bibliographical study. You can apply for the scholarship individually or as a team.
- Prize amount: six thousand euros (€6,000). In addition, the winner of the project will be named corresponding academic by the Academy of Veterinary Sciences of Catalonia. In the event that there are several authors of the award-winning work, the appointment will be made to the first signatory.
- Veterinarians and/or postgraduate students of veterinary sciences. The works must be in the possession of the Vallbo Foundation (Rambla Nova nº114, bajo 5, Tarragona, 43001) before June 30, 2022.
- The works that apply for the scholarship will be, exclusively, of an experimental nature, unpublished and written specifically for the contest. In any case, they may be written in Catalan, Spanish or English, in Arial 12 point font in UNE A-4 format, spaced and a half and presented, in duplicate, on paper, bound to form one volume or more, where appropriate, as well as on computer support (Word or PDF).
- The experimental works that opt for the scholarship are recommended to be presented in the following way:
- Concise title.
- Abstract in Catalan, Spanish or English, around 200 words.
- Introduction, brief and documented, where the hypothesis developed or the aims and objectives pursued will be clearly delimited.
- Exposure of the material and method to be used.
- Protocol, critical discussion and conclusions.
- Cited bibliography.
In no case will the author or authors of the work be identified, implicitly or explicitly. Will try to avoid self-quotes in the work to be presented.
- The works presented for the scholarship will be sent under the modality of sealed envelope with escrow, that is: a sealed envelope, identified with the name of the prize that is chosen and the chosen motto, containing two sealed envelopes, one with the work itself printed on paper and computer support, only headed with the motto. The second sealed envelope, also identifying with the motto, will contain a note with the name of the author or authors, specifying the full address of the first author, telephone, fax or email.
- Likewise, it will be specified that the work is original and not published. This second envelope will only be opened if the work is awarded.
- The Called Prize will have a specific Jury, appointed by the Academy of Veterinary Sciences of Catalonia and the Vallbo Foundation.
- The granting of a prize from the Academy of Veterinary Sciences of Catalonia – Vallbo Foundation, will mean that the author or authors will not be able to present a new work to these calls for two years.
- Two prizes may not be awarded to the same person, team or group, in the same call.
- Members of the Board of Directors of the Academy of Veterinary Sciences of Catalonia and the Vallbo Foundation will not be eligible for the announced scholarship, in any way.
- The prizes must be awarded no later than December 30, 2022.
- In the event that there are several authors of the winning work, the nomination and amount and diploma, will be delivered to the first signatory, as well as the presentation of the winning work. The rest of the participants of the work will receive a certificate accrediting the awarded prize.
- The award ceremony will take place in a public session, on a date to be determined, which will be announced, at least, on the Web pages of the Academy and the Vallbo Foundation. The winner will be presented by the President of the corresponding Jury. Next, the winner will have to present a summary of her work when collecting the award.
- The award will be accredited by means of the corresponding diploma, issued jointly by the Academy of Veterinary Sciences of Catalonia and the Vallbo Foundation.
- The winning work will be published in the magazine edited annually by the ACVC and in Veterinaria Digital.
The publications, oral or written communications or any other form of dissemination that the project gave rise to, will be communicated to the ACVC and the Vallbo Foundation as soon as possible for their approval. Once approved, a copy of the publication must be sent to the ACVC and the Vallbo Foundation.
The publication of partial or total results will not be allowed without the authorization of the Foundation.
In addition, the publications and communications must acknowledge and expressly state the help received from the ACVC and the Vallbo Foundation.